14.1.11

8 to 14

day 8: things that make you sad
Losing things, especially objects that have an emotional value. I'm really messy, so I get very frustrated when I lose stuff because of that, or when I lose them unexpectedly or when things break or stop working (this makes me sound terribly superficial; I don't see it that way, it's just that I hate losing my things). 
Music, movies and books can make me so sad. In fact, when I want to cry for no reason, I simply watch or hear something that I know will make me break into tears that instant.
Those moments when you're filled with doubt and don't know what to do or think. You don't know what to expect.

day 9: things that make you happy
Since I hate that whenever I have to think about specific stuff my whole mind goes blank, I'm going to quote just-littlethings:
- Finishing a final exam
- Taking my bra off at the end of the day
- Knowing all the lines to everything (movies, lyrics) (that's a kind of gift I have, although it can turn into a curse sometimes)
- The moment I realize my period is over
- Being in a fantastic mood, just because
- Waking up and realizing you have more time to sleep
- Deep conversations with my best friends
- Catching up with an old friend
- Being home alone, blasting music, singing loudly and dancing crazily
- Jeans that fit perfectly.
- Long naps
- Singing in the shower (or pretty much everywhere)
- Never-ending conversations
- Finding something I lost a long time ago
- Getting a tan and not a burn
- Good morning texts
- Stumbling across really old songs, but still being able to remember all the lyrics (see? That's my gift working itself out)
- Continuous green lights when driving
- The smell and the opening of a new book
- Seeing my loved one smile and knowing you put it there
- Lazy Saturday/Sunday afternoons
- Getting backed-up in an argument
- When I finally remember what I came into the room for
- Hearing my favorite song on the radio (especially when I'm having a bad day)
- Finding money (in the laundry, in an old purse or bag, anywhere)
- Getting gifts for no reason at all
- Cuddling
- Silence that isn't awkward
- Being healthy after being horribly ill
- Being missed
- When my parents talk about me with pride
- Finishing a good book
- Inside jokes
- Getting new clothes
- Kept pinky-promises
- Star-gazing
- Tight, meaningful hugs
- That one persons who knows me better than I know myself
- Knowing that I'm loved
- Being surrounded by a mountain of blankets on a cold, rainy day
- Watching shows from my childhood (last Monday night I stayed up until 5am because The Wild Thornberries' movie was on TV)
- Seeing my favorite band live and singing my heart out to their lyrics
- When my plans didn't work out, but my day turned out great anyway
- Getting an A on a test I didn't study for
- People who remember me after meeting me only once
- Hugs from behind
- Recalling good memories with friends
- People who accept my extreme weirdness
- Songs that remind me of a special person/event
- Waking up with perfect hair
- Holding hands
- Seeing someone's face light up when I give them a gift
- Laughing until my stomach hurts
- Sleeping on clean sheets
- The first swim of the summer
- The minutes after I first scrawl into bed
- When someone remembers the things I say
- Positive feedback on an essay I worked hard on
- A hot shower after a long day
- Coming up with an url that's not taken
- Looking through old photographs
- Sleeping at midnight, waking up at noon
- Long roadtrips at night
- Finding out that there's a person that feels the same way as I do
- Someone telling me a secret. Just me
- Finally understanding something
- A simple compliment from a stranger
- Making someone who looks sad smile
- Classical Disney movies

day 10: what you think when you hear the words "be yourself"

That's actually something I never forget. As I grew up I learned that having your own identity is one of the most important things you need. I feel really sorry for people who are fake, or who do things just because other people do it as well. You have to be who you want to be, not what others tell you is right to be. So when I hear this words, I always know I will be on the right track. 

day 11: the worst advice you've ever heard, or ever been given

To shut up. To hold things to yourself. To don't speak up your mind.

day 12: the best advice you've ever heard, or ever been given

To go ahead and risk yourself. If you fall, you shall learn from your mistakes, but you can also win. To never hold yourself back.

day 13: your favorite quote

I couldn't pick only one, so here are seventeen quotes I love:

Believe you can, and you're halfway there. 
THEODORE ROOSEVELT

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first time.

Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever.

If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you're above them.

Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. 
CICELY TYSON

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What?! You too? I thought I was the only one!".
C.S. LEWIS

Life is an echo. What you send out - comes back. What you sow - you reap. What you give - you get. What you see in others - exists in you. So stay nice even when others are not.

For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been!". 
JOHN GREENLEAF WHITTIER

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different. 
COCO CHANEL

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter,  and those who matter, don't mind. 
DR. SEUSS

Never give up until you've given out all your very best. It's better to fail trying than wondering what could have happened if you tried.

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.
SOPHIA LOREN

A man who doesn't trust himself can never really trust anyone else. 
CARDINAL DE RETA

Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive. 
GERARD WAY

Don't always say, "There's still time" because there's also a concept of "it's too late".

It doesn't hurt to be optimistic. You can always cry later.
LUCIMAR SANTOS DE LIMA

day 14: write about something you believe in, anything at all

I believe in many things. But above all things, I believe in me, the Universe and God.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow, que constancia, y paciencia! Me alegro de que realmente puedas confiar de vos, una muy cirtuosa cualidad. Envidiable, también.
    Y sí, es el peor sentimiento del mundo, te juro. Me siento horrible. Pero bueno, esperemos que a vos te sea más leve(:
    Agnes, un beso grande grande, y que sigas bien!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Things that make you happy: Hugs from behind
    TURRRRRRBIAAAAA JAJAJA SOS LO MAS !

    ResponderEliminar